Fixing the comparison operators on the DataView web part filter dialog (maybe)

As mentioned previously, I was having some problems with not having the right operators in the Filter Criteria dialog of a DataForm Web Part. Although the field I was trying to filter by was a date, I was only being shown the options as if it was a string:

Broken DataForm Filter Criteria Dialog

Well, proving that invention is 99% perspiration, I managed to find a solution. On the list on my customer’s system there was a Lookup column which referred to a list that no longer existed. Note the lack of List name for where it’s getting information:

Broken Lookup Column Details on a List

When I removed that column from the list, I could filter correctly again:

Working DataForm Filter Criteria Dialog

This is despite the fact that the broken lookup column is not used either in the display on the DataForm webpart, or in it’s filter. Merely its presence is enough to screw things up. Note that this is a different solution to other ideas that have been suggested elsewhere.

Advertisements
Fixing the comparison operators on the DataView web part filter dialog (maybe)

One thought on “Fixing the comparison operators on the DataView web part filter dialog (maybe)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s