Note to self: I’d a solution where Project A referenced Project B. This had been fine and stable for some time, and then suddenly intellisence started warning that the namespace I needed from B was missing, and that I was missing a project reference. Except I wasn’t. And the solution would build without fault.
I found suggestions of deleting /obj and /.vs folders – which I did – but the fix came from turning off Lightweight Solution Loading. See : https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/98484/project-references-do-not-work.html
Clear Visual Studio bug.
I keep referring to this – the Plan for Availability in Technet. Although it’s the plan for availability, it’s got a good discussion of server topologies.
Quirksmode is a neat little site describing various features and their support across browsers. This is important, in a world of non-standards compliant browsers. For example, I recently discovered in some code of mine that in an event, Opera 8 supports both ‘srcElement’ and ‘target’ properties. In fact, it seems to support both event models. I can see why, but this caused my code (where I set event.target = event.srcElement if event.srcElement existed) to blow up.
Oh, and it neatly describes a problem I found (and had to solve) yesterday with the ‘this’ keyword in event handlers in Internet Explorer. Wish I’d known this before.
Anyway, I like this site, and it is useful.