I got this error while looking at a customer’s system, and weirdly, all renderings that used datasources had stopped working.
Sadly, I don’t still have the full stack trace, but it turns out the problem was a mis-configured URL for the SOLR service. Sitecore uses content search to find the datasource for a component.
This fact was a new one for me!
I think our URL lacked a /, or /#/. We corrected it, and the error went away – and our datasourced renderings started working again.
I found a reference on StackExchange after the fact.
A colleague had this error occur while setting up a production system. Everything had been fine in development, but Dependency Injection seemed to be throwing a wobbly when it tried to load the service we’d written for adding/removing contacts from a subscription list.
Edit: I raised this problem with Sitecore and got a helpful response: https://andrewwburns.com/2018/08/17/avoiding-the-iclientapiservice/
Continue reading “Unable to resolve service for type ‘Sitecore.EmailCampaign.Cd.Services.IClientApiService’ while attempting to activate…”
When rebuilding the Link Database for the Core database on Sitecore 9.0 Update 1 (XP0 configuration), I received 630 errors!
The Link Database rebuild continues, and appears to complete successfully. I didn’t see any problems arising from this, but 630 errors is quite a lot.
I was also able to replicate this on several different development systems for different customers. I even set up a new, unmodified Sitecore 9.0 Update 1 – XP0 instance locally, and replicated the problem. Each system shows 630 errors per Core’s Link Database rebuild. Rebuilding Master or Web databases does not cause this error.
It appears that the issue is to do with deserialising the layout field’s XML during Links Database rebuild. It seems some items must have a layout that is “:”.
I raised this with Sitecore and got a very quick response. Continue reading “Rebuilding Core’s Link Database on Sitecore 9.0 Update 1 generates lots of errors”
I was recently doing some token replacement of field values using a processor that I was adding to the RenderField pipeline. The problem was, it wasn’t running in Glass. Debugging in Visual Studio, the pipeline was never hit. Standard Sitecore rendering of the field was fine, but Glass – nope. Continue reading “Glass, ForceRenderField, and the RenderField pipeline”
I was creating a custom segmentation rule predicate for Sitecore 9, and when I tried to create a segment using the rule, I got an error inside Sitecore’s List Manager:
Field could not be found in the model or the field is not enabled for indexing/searching
That’s kind of annoying. What caused this? Well, it was a long, painful odyssey finding out.
TL;DR – If you’re using an extension method to get a facet for your CreateContactSearchQuery method – like Sitecore do – it’s method name must match the Facet Key name.
No, I’m not kidding.
Continue reading “XdbModelException: Field could not be found in the model or the field is not enabled for indexing/searching”
So, Sitecore 9 has the replaced xDB in MongoDB with XConnect. Fine. Our contacts will be stored there (ultimately, in SQL server). Fine too.
One question though – how do we get the Sitecore.XConnect.Contact object for the current (possibly unidentified) contact?
It used to be that you could get the Contact record from Tracker.Current.Session.Contact, but that doesn’t work any more – that gets the Sitecore.Analytics.Tracking.Contact, which isn’t the same type at the Sitecore.XConnect.Contact which is replacing it. Confused yet?
Well, to make matters worse, the Sitecore.Analytics.Tracking.Contact.ContactId may or may not match the Sitecore.XConnect.Contact.ContactId. I think.
I couldn’t find any information about how to resolve the Tracker ID to the XConnect contact. What’s a boy to do?
EDIT: Sadly, there is a better way than below. Unfortunately, it’s in a different bit of the documentation. See https://doc.sitecore.net/developers/xp/tracking-and-session/tracker/tracking-contacts/contact-facets/update-facets.html
Continue reading “XConnect – Get a contact by their TrackerId…”
Working with xConnect to save custom facet data, I started getting this error:
An unhandled exception of type ‘Sitecore.XConnect.Schema.XdbModelException’ occurred … The type of this instance does not correspond to any type in the model
Weirdly, the other 3 (nearly identical) facets worked just fine. Tracking down the issue was “fun”…
Continue reading “XdbModelException – “The type of this instance does not correspond to any type in the model””