“…is not valid datasource for master or user does not have permissions to access”

I got this error while looking at a customer’s system, and weirdly, all renderings that used datasources had stopped working.

Sadly, I don’t still have the full stack trace, but it turns out the problem was a mis-configured URL for the SOLR service. Sitecore uses content search to find the datasource for a component.

This fact was a new one for me!

I think our URL lacked a /, or /#/. We corrected it, and the error went away – and our datasourced renderings started working again.

I found a reference on StackExchange after the fact.

Advertisements
“…is not valid datasource for master or user does not have permissions to access”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.