My interesting links email is something I send out to my colleagues, well, when I’ve found stuff of interest.
“On two occasions I have been asked, ‘Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?’ I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.”
– Charles Babbage
- Sitecore hangs on startup when using MongoDB – http://kamsar.net/index.php/2016/09/Sitecore-hangs-on-startup-when-using-MongoDB/
- Eyecatching – “We recently hit a milestone with more than half of Chrome desktop page loads now served over HTTPS” – https://scotthelme.co.uk/the-encryted-web-is-coming/
- …and in January Chrome will start reporting all HTTP pages as being ‘Insecure’ – https://security.googleblog.com/2016/09/moving-towards-more-secure-web.html
To be honest, I now believe we should not be building sites which aren’t served over HTTPS. It’s more secure, faster, ranked higher in Google search results, and Chrome won’t mark it as insecure. ‘Nuff said.
- This matches my opinions on Email address validation… https://hackernoon.com/the-100-correct-way-to-validate-email-addresses-7c4818f24643#.8ack9vboj
- Evil Genius – http://thedailywtf.com/articles/pointless-revenge
- Dependency Injection in Sitecore 8.2 http://kamsar.net/index.php/2016/08/Dependency-Injection-in-Sitecore-8-2/ Interesting, and scroll down to the bit about about Web Forms for Marketers…