My interesting links email is something I send out to my colleagues, well, when I’ve found stuff of interest.
- A very interesting post mortem of a 34 minute outage on Stack Overflow. It’s worth a look. http://stackstatus.net/post/147710624694/outage-postmortem-july-20-2016 TL:DR; Inefficient Regexes are inefficient and Health checking the load balancer took all pages out of rotation all at once.
- An analysis of the top 1 million sites HTTP usage… https://scotthelme.co.uk/alexa-top-1-million-crawl-aug-2016/
- How copy and paste could kill a lot of sites: https://scotthelme.co.uk/death-by-copy-paste/
- Related to the above, the requirements for HSTS preloading… https://hstspreload.appspot.com/
- A lucid criticism of Scrum – or at least, how it is implemented sometimes. http://okigiveup.net/not-big-fan-of-scrum/